Smoked chicken wings are a popular dish in many cultures and regions across the globe. There are a variety of methods for smoking chicken wings, including traditional smokers, pellet grills, and electronic smokers. The secret to creating delicious smoked chicken wings is to use a delectable rub or marinade that complements the smoky flavor.
When using an electric smoker to smoke chicken wings, the wings are positioned on the racks, and wood pellets are added to generate smoke. The wings are then smoked for several hours at a low temperature, allowing them to absorb the smoky flavor and become thoroughly cooked and succulent.
Let’s jump right into the Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker Recipe.
Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker Recipe
An electric smoker can deliver a delectable and tender product with a rich, smokey flavor when it comes to smoked chicken wings. Because of the low and slow cooking process, the wings cook uniformly and absorb the aromas of the wood smoke, resulting in a juicy and tasty meal.
Let’s know the whole Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker Recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 40 Mins
- Cook: 2 hours
- Total: 2 hours 40 mins
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup wood chips (hickory or applewood)
- At least 30 minutes prior to using the smoker, submerge the wood pellets in water at 225 degrees Fahrenheit (107 degrees Celsius).
- Combine the salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper in a small basin to create a dry rub.
- After patting the chicken wings dry with paper towels, liberally season them on all sides with the dry rub.
- After preheating the smoker, add the wood pieces to the smoker’s box or platter.
- Place the wings on the racks of the smoker and secure the lid.
- Smoke the wings for two to three hours or until the internal temperature of the poultry reaches at least 165° Fahrenheit (74° Celsius).
- Remove the chicken wings from the smoker and allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
How to Store Leftover Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker:
Allow smoked chicken wings from an electric smoker to cool before dividing them into parts and storing them in an airtight container or ziplock bag in the refrigerator for up to 4 days or freezing for up to 6 months. Then, reheat in the oven, microwave, or grill until cooked through and slightly crispy on the exterior.
Tips For Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker Recipe:
- During the last 30 minutes of cooking, you can coat the wings with your preferred barbecue sauce or glaze to add additional flavor.
- Before smoking, brine the chicken wings to preserve their moisture and flavor.
- Use wood shavings to give your chicken wings a smoky flavor. Applewood, hickory, and cherry wood are popular options.
- Overcrowding the smoker with chicken wings can affect cooking time and smoke distribution.
- If you want a crispy exterior, finish the chicken wings after smoking on a grill or in the oven for a few minutes.
- After smoking the chicken wings, allow them to settle for a few minutes to enable the juices to redistribute and the flesh to become tender.
What to Serve With Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker Recipe?
Electric smoker-smoked chicken wings go nicely with a range of sides and beverages. Coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans, cornbread, grilled veggies, mac and cheese, and beer are also common alternatives. So get creative and try out your favorite foods and beverages.
We hope you like the Smoked Chicken Wings Electric Smoker Recipe. Thank you for reading!