Delicious and comforting, Crispy-Skinned Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice are ideal for an intimate family feast. This recipe calls for juicily cooked chicken fillets with a crispy exterior to be coupled with herb-infused rice. Crispy-Skinned Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice is a delectable and satisfying dish consisting of succulent chicken thighs and herbed rice.
This recipe is an excellent way to prepare chicken thighs in a simple yet flavorful manner, and it is certain to become a family favorite. Simple yet flavorful, Crispy-Skinned Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice are ideal for any weeknight dinner. It is a dish that is certain to become a household staple.
Let’s jump right into the Crispy-Skin Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice from Bon Appetit Chicken Thigh Recipes.
Crispy-Skin Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice From Bon Appetit Chicken Thigh Recipes
Juicy chicken thighs with crispy skin and savory herbed rice make for a satisfying and delectable entrée in Crispy-Skin Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice. After being seasoned and pan-fried till crispy, the chicken is then baked.
Onion, carrot, celery, garlic, white rice, chicken broth, and fresh herbs all go into the same pan to make the rice. The chicken is baked on top of the rice, and the meal is rounded off with fresh lemon wedges.
Let’s know the whole Crispy-Skin Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice recipe so that you can enjoy it too!
- Preparation – 20 Mins
- Cook: 50 mins
- Total: 1 hour 10 mins
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Dry the chicken thighs using paper towels and season with salt, garlic powder, and black pepper on both sides.
- Take a large skillet and put it over medium heat; heat the olive oil. Add chicken thighs skin-side down and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until the skin is golden and crusty. Cook the poultry for an additional 2 to 3 minutes after turning it over. Place poultry on a platter and reserve.
- Add garlic, onion, carrot, and celery in the same skillet. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, stirring intermittently, until the vegetables have softened.
- Add rice to the pan and integrate it with the vegetables by stirring. Toast the rice for two to three minutes until faintly browned.
- Stir the chicken bouillon into the dish. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low temperature. Cover and simmer for 18-20 minutes, or until the rice is tender & liquid has been absorbed, or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the parsley and thyme. Place the chicken thighs atop the cooked rice.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in a preheated oven or until the chicken is fully cooked and the rice is faintly brown on top.
- With lemon slices on the side, serve. Enjoy!
How to Store Leftover Bon Appetit Chicken Thigh with Herbed Rice:
Allow the Crispy-Skinned Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice to cool to room temperature before transferring the chicken and rice to separate hermetic containers with secure closures. Refrigerate for up to three to four days.
Reheat the chicken and rice separately, and reheat only what you intend to consume to prevent foodborne illness.
- Before marinating the chicken thighs, pat them dry with paper towels to help the skin firm up.
- For optimal results, sear and broil the chicken thighs in a cast-iron skillet or another oven-safe skillet.
- When searing chicken thighs, avoid crowding the pan, as this can cause them to steam instead of caramelize and brown.
- Ensure that the chicken thighs are thoroughly prepared prior to serve to ensure their safety for consumption. The chicken’s internal temperature should reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- For the greatest flavor, use fresh herbs in the herbed rice. If you lack fresh herbs, you can substitute dried herbs.
- Before serving, if the rice appears too dry, add a dash of chicken broth or water and fluff it with a utensil.
What to Serve With Crispy-Skin Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice?
Crispy-Skin Chicken Thighs with Herbed Rice go well with a number of sides, including steamed or roasted vegetables, a side salad, garlic bread, roasted potatoes, grilled corn, or a fruit salad. Select sides that both you and your guests will appreciate.
We hope you like the Bon Appetit Chicken Thigh Recipes. Thank you for reading!