A blueberry pie recipe with frozen blueberries is a delectable way to experience the flavor of blueberries year-round. Blueberry tarts made with frozen berries are simple to prepare and require no additional preparation, making them a convenient dessert option.
Blueberry pie recipe with frozen blueberries is an easy-to-make delicacy that is suitable for any occasion. Blueberry pie with frozen berries is a crowd-pleasing delicacy that everyone will appreciate due to its sweet and tangy flavor, flaky crust, and creamy topping.
This classic dessert is bound to be a success with your loved ones, whether you serve it at a summer barbecue or a winter holiday party.
Let’s jump right into the Blueberry Pie Recipe with Frozen Berries.
Blueberry Pie Recipe with Frozen Berries
The pie is typically baked until the crust is golden brown and the filling steals in the oven. Utilizing frozen blueberries instead of fresh ones makes the pie easier to prepare and more accessible year-round. When fresh blueberries are in season during the summer, this delectable delicacy is served with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and is a popular dessert.
Let’s know the whole Blueberry Pie Recipe with Frozen Berries so that you can taste it too!
- Preparation – 15 Mins
- Baking: 50-55 mins
- Cooling time: 60 mins
- Total: 2 hours 10 mins
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust
- 4 cups frozen blueberries
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Start by preheating the oven to 375° Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius).
- Put the frozen blue berries in a colander and then run cool water over them to thaw them. Then, give them a ten-minute rest to defrost.
- Combine the cornstarch, sugar, and salt in a large mixing dish. Combine thoroughly.
- Combine the blueberries, lemon juice, and vanilla essence in a mixing dish. Gently toss the berries in the sugar mixture to coat.
- Spread the blueberry mixture evenly on the pie shell.
- Cut the unsalted butter into tiny pieces and sprinkle over the blueberry mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes, covered with aluminum foil.
- Continue baking for another 25-30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown & the filling is bubbling.
- Allow the pie to chill completely before serving.
How to Store Leftover Blueberry Pie with Frozen Berries:
Allow leftover blueberry pie with frozen berries to cool completely to room temperature before storing. After the pie has cooled, securely wrap it in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in the refrigerator.
Blueberry pie with frozen berries can keep in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. If you need to keep it for a longer period of time, you may freeze it. Cover the pie securely in plastic wrap & then in aluminum foil to prevent freezer burn. The pie may be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Tips For Blueberry Pie Recipe with Frozen Berries:
- Before using the frozen blueberries in the pie, they must be thoroughly defrosted. Rinse them in a colander with lukewarm water and allow them to defrost for a few minutes.
- Before baking, ensure that the crust and contents are chilled. This will prevent the crust from becoming too spongy and the contents from spilling over.
- For even baking, employ a glass or ceramic pie dish. Metal pie dishes may cause the pastry to brown unevenly or too rapidly.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or nutmeg for additional flavor to the filling. These seasonings compliment the blueberries and impart a warm, comforting flavor to the pie.
- Cover the edges of the pie crust with foil or a pie crust shield to prevent them from overbaking.
- Don’t be stingy with the butter! The addition of unsalted butter pieces to the blueberry filling creates a flavorful, buttery taste and a flawlessly golden crust.
What to Serve With Blueberry Pie Recipe with Frozen Berries?
Blueberry pie made with frozen blueberries can be served with a variety of toppings, including vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, lemon zest, fresh blueberries, and coffee/tea. These options can be used to add a variety of flavors and textures to the confection, according to the individual’s preferences.
We hope you like the Blueberry Pie Recipe with Frozen Berries. Thank you for reading!